Can't logout from forum anymore

Hi,

something has changed here:

If I want to logout from community forum, I choose Log Out.

But his won’t work anymore as my browser (latest Firefox 83.0) shows the logged out community page for some seconds, then the page reloads and I’m logged IN again.

I can’t leave… :roll_eyes:

Looks as if I’m glued.

Anyone else?

Best,
Matthias

Hi,

yes, I observed this behaviour (using Firefox ESR on Linux) for quite some time.

Not making an educated guess here, but it seems as Discourse does not delete a cookie on logout or similar - after closing the browser window and reopening it, an automated login does not happen anymore.

Basically, it feels like the HTTP basic authentication of IPFire’s WUI… :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

Hi,

ok, for me it feels like Hotel California:

"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

For a while now i have had exactly the same experience. I can’t remember when it first appeared.

Since that time I log out via Avatar → Settings → log out everywhere.

This works for me in the same way as the “normal” log out before.

:slight_smile: same here.

Wasn´t there not also ‘pink champagne on ice’ somewhere :stuck_out_tongue: ?! Mmhh a beer might be even better :beer: .

Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said: "We are all just prisoners here of our own device"

Check. :wink:

Yes but there is a not known line in this song which they simply do not released -->
‘but as the freedom appear, the beer is crystal clear and cold and makes you reporting a bug feeling like a poineer’ :crazy_face: .

Cheers

Editing a topic again is now also easier, you just do not need to login again :wink:

Sorry community :smile: bug has been of course reported --> https://lists.ipfire.org/pipermail/development/2020-December/008883.html .