Blue Network not working after 183

Upgraded this morning and no longer have blue network. Mine is setup to not require mac address. 192.168.5.0/24 check box enable. Read the other one. My Blue has been working via a USB ethernet adapter just fine. I went through setup and it all looks correct.

I think I have found it. The Zone configuration had vlan on and I switched it to native. ??? Not sure what happened but I also had Orange on which I do not use. Thus blue vlan onto green. Removed Orange in setup and then moved blue onto the USB eth0. That seemed to be it.

Did you just upgrade and the zone has changed automatically?

I had this issue a while ago, after an upgrade my RED would disappear, and had to go to setup and assign NIC and again after the next update the RED kept disappearing.

I did the upgrade and did not change anything. The blue may have been on VLAN, but that does not make sense to me. Anyway I moved it to the correct ethernet and chose “Native”. I wondered why orange was setup on my USB ethernet adapter… That was the problem. Blue needed to be on that since that is what it is plugged into.

After a quick look i cannot find any changes on the zone handling between core182 and core183.

https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire-2.x.git;a=tree;f=config/rootfiles/core/183/filelists;h=69c6c3b62dc667685453532f93210f883938cf05;hb=ee4c8d28e493862cb630e79b7ffadd6807b465fa

All cgi’s was fresh shipped but the zoneconfig.cgi was not touched sine end of 2021 and the supporting udev rules and skripts are not even shipped in core183.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Glad to hear it was likely in the blue config that probably was not quite right and the update exposed it.
At 9am 02/26/24 I updated 182 > 183. System rebooted at 9:03 am. At 9:07 it notes in the log that “Wireless config added”. I do not recall doing anything except checking that it was back online. At 01:00 PM I noticed that my weather station on blue network was no longer logging with the last entry at Feb 26, 9:00 am. It logs about every 10 minutes.
I had a computer business that I closed just this year to retire. So not clue-less but certainly no expert on routing. Thanks

“Wireless config added” will logged if you add an IP/Mac under “blue access”

2 Likes