Area for "selfmade" addons?

Hi !

Do we have an area where users can “post” self made addons ?
e.g. i made chrony for ipfire (i prefer chrony instead of ntp) maybe its interesting for development team in future that you can choose chrony instead of ntp…
I’m talking not about the binary, i made the complete set (LFS / Config etc.)
Is there a place to upload ?

Ciao Gerd

1 Like

Welcome to the addon developers community.

If you have created addons and proven them by installing them on your local system then to get them considered for inclusion in the IPFire addons you should :-

The recommended way to create the patches is via git format-patch and then git send-email to submit them.

Follow https://wiki.ipfire.org/devel/git/setup to setup git to be able to use git send-email.

You would be expected to be willing to take on ownership of any new addon submitted and accepted with regard to future version updates.

Good luck and just ask if you need any further help.

2 Likes

Hi,

intentionally not, because installing additional software from 3rd parties on an IPFire machine is a bad thing in terms of security, and we do not want to encourage our users to do this.

There was a thread about NTS a few days ago, too.

Personally, I am highly interested in a secure replacement or enhancement for NTP, as long as it is standardised, distributed, and not relying on technologies we cannot ship or use everywhere, such as swdate which unfortunately depends on Tor.

Great! :slight_smile:

As @bonnietwin already mentioned, we would like to have development activity and questions on the development mailing list - looking forward to see you there.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

Hi,

sorry for not replying to your mailing list post.

Unfortunately, spare time is rather short at the moment, but I will have a look at this at the end of the year. Just to let you know I have not forgotten about that… :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

Hi !

If my memories are correct in old forum there was an area for “requesting” addons for ipfire

Ciao Gerd

Hi !

I know its quite old this topice but still actual ?
btw: i was not taking to provide complete packages, i’m talking about deploy lfs etc… all what you need for the build tree…

Ciao Gerd

This should help:

And also needed (and specific for an addon):

2 Likes