Apcupsd - UPS Server WUI page Addon

Very interested on this addon, currently i’m using an EAST EA900Pro.

Best, UT1

@anon2595834
I think there are many interested people :slight_smile:
So have you decided to finish the addon?
What’s the current status?

1 Like

Any news on when this might be available. We use APC UPS’s primarily and this would be EXTREMELY useful.

Fred

1 Like

Good news. I have now got my own hardware for testing - an APC SmartUPS 450 …

Work on the addon can continue …

However, there is still a lot to change and a release date has not yet been set.

Best
Stephan

3 Likes

In my opinion it’s a nice to have, but not many users will use it (about 0 in home use) and only a few in small business use. Companies (okay they may not run ipfire) have a superordinated system to controll some more consuments with a single, huge UPS. So there is no need for it.

Same here. A nice to have, but I don’t really have a look in the webui that often. I know the built in hardware and don’t really care about the load and if I do, I do this with the hw load diagrams. I think this should be included in the regular setup image and not as an Addon.

I did myself many config things with my server and had no need for it afterwards… that’s kind of sobering. At least you improve your skills :+1:.

1 Like

i’m a “home” user… and every time when i have a power failure, i have to repair the file system manually (dev/sda2 or /dev/sda3
So i’m looking formward to try…
unfortunately the actual nut packge does not provide a webgui and during my “dry tests” i saw that ip shuts down only if the ups fails completely… (i get the message “on battery” and after a while communication is dead because ups is off and ip shuts down then =>Y too late)

Ciao Gerd

I am also a home user, who made the switch from IP Cop a few years ago.
I live in an area with frequent power outages and would be very interested to see this add-on completed.

Best,

Ian

There already is an apcupsd Pakfire Addon. There is no WUI for configuring it but you can look at http://www.apcupsd.org/ to figure that out. The WUI does show status info.

OK ! I got it (at least 50%) shutdown to values in config file…
i use apcupsd addon… but i have still the problem that ups is not switched off after (or when) ipfire shutted down.
I read a lot of posts and it seems that apcupsd can’t send killpower to UPS because USB (my UPS is connected with USB)
I there a hint hwo i can fix this ?

Ciao Gerd

This Looks Great. Will we be able to set it up as a NIS server?
That would be great. Waiting to see the end product.

Yes, with the addon you can setup a NIS server over WUI and a backup from settings and the rrd file, which is used to generat the nice graphs.

Best

Stephan

Can’t wait to see this in the plugin list.
How will you name it? To set it apart from from the existing one?
apcupsd-wui

Any news on release date?

Screenshots are looking good.

Currently using WinPower Manager, works with Eaton, APC, and a few Who Flung Dung brands, but this would be worth looking into.
Will it support remote shutdown for other machines?

+1 from me for the WUI on top of apcupsd.
After +15 years with less than 1 power outage per year now I am in the posture to have 4 outages per month, some of them longer than 2 hours.

Therefore I am considering a Managed UPS (like APC) to power my Ipfire farm (I have one as router and one as NAS)…

What is the status of this addon?, another person interested on it here

Hi @klauss214659

Welcome to the IPFire Community.

The apcupsd addon has been available for a while now but only as a tool that is configured from the command line in the console or via ssh connection. There is a current WUI page which shows the apcupsd.cgi page .

What was being talked about on this thread is a WUI page to set up and configure apcupsd.
Nothing further looks to have happened with that. I have not seen a patch submission to the development mailing list for it.

@anon2595834 is the person who was working on it and should provide an update of the status.