So now this is running and I would post a configuration file, if I knew where to get one, so instead I copy paste my setup notes from OneNote.
The Network as such is, as I understand it, very simple.
1 ISP Modem with Fiber
RED port on my IPFire Supermicro Mini Server
GREEN port on the same machine
connected to a Switch that has all LAN conns via a patchpanel and one of them goes to a WiFi AP.
No vLans, no VPN and no Bridges or anything else in the conf, not even a DMZ, so far.
This is the Copy-Paste from my log:
- Red: DHCP
- Green : 192.168.1.1/24 , 255.255.255.0
- DNS Quad9: 18.104.22.168 , 22.214.171.124
- 171 updated.
- Pakfire plugins installed: Guardian
FW initial configuration:
- Locationblock = all countries (experimental)
- FW Options set as default
- Intrusion prevention Abuse.ch, Emergingthreats Community, Snort/VRT Community
So what else would you recommend? Please notice I am still rather new to this and reading a lot as I proceed, but I like to keep some documentation of what I have done so far.