AddOn IPTraffic is looking for further testers

is there a typo in tar options? … should be tar xvf [package] (x for extract)

1 Like

Yes, you are right, x must be used instead of s.

→ Copy to ‘/opt/pakfire/tmp’
→ Unpack with ‘tar xvf [package name]’.
→ Install with ‘./install.sh’.

I tested it on 153 (test VM), menu option appears after Entropy but I got error 500. Looked at /var/log/httpd/error.log … exec of iptraffic.cgi failed (I cannot copy/paste from the vm) For some reason user/group for iptraffic.cgi is samba/samba, changed it to root:root, fixed permissions to 755, now I can see the iptraffic table, but no ip’s, all data is 0 B here’s a screenshot

Clients to be monitored are added from the ARP list. (click on the pencil icon)
The owner thing has happened before. I can not explain it.

If you check the tar file with -t it shows that files.tar.xz has frank/frank as owner/group. Since my ipfire does not have a user frank, it picks another user, samba is defined as 1000/1000. So, before you create the iptraffic tarball, make sure all files are owned by root:root

I added with the pencil the entry from the arp table, started YouTube to generate traffic and I got numbers (and the View Graph works). Very nice, indeed !

1 Like

With this tar ball should go. At least I hope so.
iptraffic-0.8.2-1.ipfire.tar (30 KB)

this should be fine. tar -t <package.tar> looks like:

$ tar -tvf iptraffic-0.8.2-1.ipfire\(1\).tar 
-rw-r--r-- root/root       986 2021-01-23 09:57 ROOTFILES
-rw-r--r-- root/root     11592 2021-01-23 09:57 files.tar.xz
-rwxr-xr-- root/root      2074 2021-01-23 09:57 install.sh
-rwxr-xr-- root/root      1711 2021-01-23 09:57 uninstall.sh
-rwxr-xr-- root/root      1691 2021-01-23 09:57 update.sh
1 Like

Thank you very much

@anon79392304 - anything to add to the IPTraffic Wiki?

The description is actually sufficient. Only the image of the graph should be updated.
Thanks for your work.

1 Like

I noticed that when I click View Graph, the first 4 graphs (hour, day, week, month) display the hostname as the title but the last graph (year) displays the ip address instead.

Normally you just have to wait - the graphs are updated in different intervals. And in your screenshot there are no counters ("-nan" = not a number) to compute, yet. “Month” and “Year” take a while…

Note the “Last update:”-line at the right bottom… :wink:

EDIT (added screenshot):

After changing the language and waiting a few minutes not all images were updated. Just wait.

Hi all and thanks for your effort for this addon.
Have used this link → AddOn IPTraffic is looking for further testers - #7 by radiocarbon and installed it like explained but i get this error:

Best,

Erik

Hi Erik,

how long did you wait before clicking on the graph link?

Hi Matthias,
possibly 30 secs. OK now the database has been initialized :wink: .

I have installed the proposed addon - very nice! Useful tool; thanks!

Hi there!
I installed the add-on with no time. It’s useful and works perfect so far.

brgds, Wayne

Hi!

Installed th addon, too. No issues.
BTW: nice to see how the RRDs and graphics extend. The hostname changes from IP to name, once the data are propagated to the next higher level. :wink:

I am leaving the IPFire community.
You will have to find someone else to take care of this addon in the future.

I wish you all a good life.

Why do you leave?
Your addon isn’t really discussed in the dev community. Main annotations were formal things only, to get it manged in the defined development process.