Access to ipfire.org getting 403 errors

Hey just reaching out on behalf of the Brave community, also getting issues with Chrome. Tested with and without a VPN or secure DNS, unable to connect to the site and getting 403… Tested from NZ but we have reports from US also.

For some reason Firefox is okay, just not my other browsers.

1 Like

Same here. I only tested on Brave which gave the 403 errors at work and at home. I do not and will not use Chrome :wink: Firefox, Vivaldi, Mullvad browsers all work fine. A hiccup in the giddy up somewhere.

Hi, so afaik we didnt change anything (from infrastructure to frontend) since thr problem occured. Plus we dont really ship such error pages. Ours are coloured and formatted in some way.
Don’t know which Chrome Version you are using, so maybe it’s a Chromium issue? You updated Brave to the latest Chromium version 2 days ago, which would match with the first appearence of the error.

Edge was working too and it’s Chromium based too, so it is just getting more and more confusing.

Works on Brave this morning 12 hours later who knows… Like I said a hiccup in the giddy up but all is good now. Have a great Friday! Cheers

1 Like

Hi, our abuse detection blocked the Brave user agent, because we got many of the same user agents spamming requests.

We can’t really see if the spammers use Brave or just fake the same user agent, but everything should be working again.

Best,
Rico

6 Likes

Resolved