Access from green to blue

What do I have to consider when setting the green and blue network card.
By default, access from green to blue should be possible.
My settings:
green 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 DHCP on
blue 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0 DHCP on

Can not reach the server in blue.
I put in in green everything is OK.

this might help:

1 Like

I suspect that the netmask being 255.255.0.0 is a typo because that would give you green as 192.168.2.1/16 but your start page has 192.168.2.1/24 which would be 255.255.255.0 which is the normal netmask.

Absolutely, the IPFire default, unless you have changed something, is that anything in green can access anything in blue without the need for any rules.

How are you trying to reach the server in blue, with what command? What error message are you getting? What do you get if you try to ping the server in blue from a machine in green?

1 Like

Ping wird ausgeführt für 192.168.3.80 mit 32 Bytes Daten:
Antwort von 192.168.3.80: Bytes=32 Zeit=1ms TTL=63

Ping-Statistik für 192.168.3.80:
Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0
(0% Verlust),
Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 1ms, Mittelwert = 1ms

Ping is ok.

255.255.255.0 is correct.

The server is a samba server.
I want to access it with the file manager of W10.
Server is not listed, gets its address from DHCP like the others.

Okay so ping is working with no problem.

What command are you using to access the computer in blue and what error message is it giving you?

Overcut. :slight_smile:

But the webinterface of the server is reachable.

So the guard comes already must make for today ersteinmal close.

OK, so the machine running the samba server can be successfully pinged and the web interface on that machine is accessible and no changes to the default firewall setup of IPFire have been made.

This indicates that the network connection between the client machine and the server machine is working and suggests that there is a samba permissions or ownership issue between the client and the samba server.

Look at the samba logs on the client and see where the connection process fails from the client end and the samba logs on the samba server and see where in the authentication process the connection fails. These two sets of data should give a clue where to look for the issue between the client and the server.

When you try to access the samba server is this with the IP address or with a FQDN. If with the FQDN then try the ping again with the FQDN and see if that resolves into the correct IP address.

1 Like

The name resolution works in green and blue as it should.

The problem is that with a DNS query of green only the participants present in the green network are displayed.

The subscribers on blue are not added to the green DNS query.

Here the programmer must make probably again what.
After all, access to blue from green is possible.

If I address my server in explorer via the IP it is listed in the page tree and I can access it.

is there a possibility that the participants blue must log on to the green DNS?

Computer browsing will not work over different network segments so you don’t see the computers in the list but they are still accessible by entering \IP-address or \name if DNS is correct configured.

2 Likes

Example of my DHCP configuration.

The easiest way to get a Samba server (or similar) on blue or orange into the green network is with the IP.

1. create a link on the desktop and enter the IP.

2. specify the name of the link.

That was it. :slight_smile:
Neue Bitmap (2)