160 most screens internal server error

S2S vpns ping but nothing will connect. Inbound rules still work but problems. Won’t let me restart because the shutdown screen “Internal Server error”. Is there a way to force restart via web gui?

IPFire 2.27 (x86_64) - Core Update 160

If you are having Internal Server Error with multiple pages then that could be related to changes having been made in the general perl files for functions or headers etc, or alternatively the files have become corrupted in some way.

What happened on your IPFire system just before these Internal Server Errors started occurring?

If you are getting an Internal Server Error for the Shutdown Screen then you can not shutdown from the WUI.

However you can still go to the console or ssh screens and run the shutdown and reboot command

shutdown -r now

Before you do that shutdown and reboot you can see what the errors for these wui pages are by having a look in the following log file from the command line

/var/log/httpd/error_log

The information from those errors might give an idea on what triggered the problem, or at least which files are not working properly and have the errors.

1 Like

Hi,

also, if I may comment on that, please ensure you are on the latest release. Core Update 160 has been released October 5, 2021, and will all due respect, I don’t think its a good idea to run a firewall on software this outdated. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

4 Likes

I think the disk is full. I’m afraid to restart it. I will have to go to the datacenter.

The shutdown screen is also errors out.

Is there a way, via the web gui, to force a reboot of the firewall?

Thanks

In the web GUI you can go to System Shutdown

1 Like