Wrong GLIBC Version on Reinstalled Core Updated 163

I did a fresh install from ISO image of Core Updated 163 and then reinstalled my Add-Ons. Things seemed to go okay until I found that two of my downloaded Add-Ons – apcupsd and cpufrequtils – have been rebuilt with a newer version of GLIBC

• cpufreq-info: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34’ not found (required by cpufreq-info)
  • apcupsd: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34’ not found (required by apcupsd)

The version of GLIBC installed with c163 is: 2.33

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1851800 Feb 7 08:47 /lib64/libc-2.33.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Feb 7 05:04 /lib64/libc.so.6 → libc-2.33.so

However the actual version / release info for the Add-Ons is unchanged since I originally installed them on my working operational c163 system. Is there a way to fetch versions of these Ad-Ons built with libc 2.33 – so that I can actually recover this c163 system? Or is there way to backport the Ad-Ons from my working operational system?

Thanks,
Charles Brown

Hi @cbrown.

You can see this post because it is the same problem:

You must be upgrade to CORE 165 to fix them, I think.

Try and say Us.

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks @roberto
I have an ornery set of user that have me ordered to stay with c163 for a while. They are a bit squeamish after some untidiness experienced when upgrading to c164. I have however managed to tar up the add-on files from the operational system and dump them onto the backup/standby. So far it seems to be working.
-Charles

Yes, that is correct.

2 Likes