Rule Web-Gui broken since 151

Broken for me too…any quick workarounds?

Raspberry pi here has the same problem + a lot of countries missing in the Location Block

I have the same problem on i686, GUI doesn’t work.
You can try temporary solution with ssh connection to your server:

iptables-save > /etc/iptables.rules
edit this file and then
iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.rules

1 Like

This solution requests deep knowledge of iptables and the firewall in IPFire!
You should do that only, if you exactly know what you are doing. In worst case you cut your SSH connection. Better to do this on the console directly.

1 Like

Got the same problem even on test build 152 (Intel Atom X86 machine).

Hi, same Problem. Sorry for my bad english.

IPFire 2.25 (i586) - Core Update 151 (and some other architectures by customer, all ca. 30 times).
Rules are functional! No Edit, no new Rules
Edit iptables by shell is no option for normal users!

I hope this will help.

Have a look

nano /var/log/httpd/error_log

Clear Log

echo "" > /var/log/httpd/error_log

Read Log

tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log

Edit some Rule by WUI

Edit some rule

[root@ipfire1 ~]# tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log

libloc: loc_database_free: Could not unmap network nodes section: Invalid argument
Could not read database: /var/lib/location//database.db

Some Ideas?

Thanks, Lars

Feedback

• Backup of the settings
  • New installation x64 Core 151
  • Restore the settings

Time expenditure approx. 1 hour. I hope there will be another solution. If I have to do this with 30 firewalls then that is …

Greetings

x64 for i686? Did you read the whole topic?

I migrated all my firewalls to 64 bit some 2+ years ago. A few required newer hardware (mainly cheap pre-owned Dell Optiplex SFF). It’s a one off migration, and as 32 bit being dropped by most operating systems, including Linux/IPFire, better to do sooner rather than later. There is really no excuse now that 64 bit hardware readily available at low cost.

Some of my 64 bit boxes that had HyperThreading CPU have been replaced too since Spectre/Meltdown, so even 64 bit machines might need upgrading for better performance/security.

Have fun!

1 Like

If your installations are 32bit… better start early.

Got the same issue on a fresh install on Raspberry PI 3 today… Wanted to try your captive portal voucher thing…

Any idead when a fix is on the horizon ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Toxic.

For the record. The proposed solution in the bug report, to reduce init calls, works for me. Reinstalling didnt. If you really cant wait, diff the solution to the existing content of the /var/ipfire/location-functions.pl and make sure you understand what changes are being proposed.

1 Like

This solution is in development for the next update(s). It works for me also and is together with some other minor patches the right way to do the access to libloc.
At start of the module generate an interface object to the data base, use this during the process ( the web page for example ), delete it at exit.

1 Like

Hi - great that the solution is in development.
Do you know, when the update will be available or ist there a workaround?
My customer uses 60 IPFires and I really need to Update 1 Rule on each IPfire. Greetings.

1 Like

You can try my “work-around” from bugzilla

2 Likes

Thank!!! Works fine for my - did it 60 times :smiley:
Regards, Verena

1 Like

Hi all,

just for the records: The fix is scheduled for Core Update 153, which I expect to be closed in a few days, so there is probably a testing version available by next week.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

2 Likes

I’m testing your patches now for some time. No problems. Thanks once more for converting my ‘work-around’ to a founded patch of the system.

Having read and checked the patches, run the ‘patched by hand’ system, I’m optimistic that the bug will be fixed with core 153.

1 Like

Hi,
The change you propose on the file are the two lines on the bottom or did i missed something? Do i have to reboot the system after the change or just restart some service?

Thanks in advance

No, it is not only the initial init() call. Functions which did an init() call, are changed to use the global var instead. I’ve left the original code as comment. The origin of my work around was a trial for a correction of the issue.