RED to Green - none of the Web Pages, SSH, or SFTP seem to work

Now if your talking my DNS settings. So the internet can find my servers. I would think it working in 169. all would be good with the DNS settings. That I do not host here, I did at one time years ago.

https://blog.ipfire.org/search?q=170

Note

Support for assigning aliases to multiple RED interfaces has been added.

Perhaps?
Is this possibly the update that changed something?

1 Like

Why add support for something that already worked. Or am I reading it wrong. I am using many IPs on a RED before 170. and 170 everything stopped working doing an update to the server. I had a backup. restored the backup to 170 in a clean build still did not work. Hand keyed clean install. ended up going back to 169 and did a restore got everything working. I was using an USB NIC at the time. Someone said they drop the drivers for it. So I got new hardware. Someone said it was to new of hardware, Found Hardware for a Firewall running linux, still did not work. So I have 6 systems of hardware. ALL work with 169. and none work with any thing higher. I have an old i5 gen 4 and it does not work but does with 169. Not working = nothing gets in the firewall.

It is obvious that hardware has nothing to do with it. Otherwise, IPFire would not even see the LAN card during configuration. Of this I am certain.

Something must have happened on the 170, but so far I don’t know what it is.

Seeing what has changed in 170 already looks good to me.
Maybe installing from 170 on changes some firewall settings. I don’t know. It’s just an alternative to my bug hypothesis.