Hi folks!.

I am upgrading all the PCEngines that I have APU2 as follows:

1. Update to core 166.
  2. I install the Flashrom addon.
  3. I execute the following with Putty:
wget https://3mdeb.com/open-source-firmware/pcengines/apu2/apu2_v4.16.0.2.rom
flashrom -p internal:boardmismatch=force -w apu2_v4.16.0.2.rom
  1. I get this:
Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q64.V" (8192 kB, SPI) mapped at physical address 0x00000000ff800000.
This coreboot image (PC Engines:apu2) does not appear to
be correct for the detected mainboard (PC Engines:PCEngines apu2).
Proceeding anyway because user forced us to.
Reading old flash chip contents... done.
Erasing and writing flash chip... Erase/write done.
Verifying flash... VERIFIED.
[root@bs ~]#

Someone else happens?.

Greetings and thanks.

Hi,

unfortunately, as I do not have access to APU hardware, I cannot reproduce this.

@arne_f: Since we talked about firmware flashing the other day - does this issue also appear on your APUs?

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

Recently I updated the firmware to 4.16.0.2 by downloading the .rom file from https://pcengines.github.io/ to /lib/firmware/pcengines/apu and running firmware-update update as described in wiki.ipfire.org - firmware-update.

There were no problems with the install ( and the use since ).
But I can see an improvement. rngd now runs with HW support ( AMD PSP CCP , fixed since 4.16.0.1 )

1 Like

Hi @bbitsch.

It doesn’t happen in all of them. In some, this warning, but the update seems to be done well.

Just out of curiosity.

Greetings.

Can you read out the current version with firmware-update info?

Hi,

a completely uneducated guess: Are you both running the same APU model or revision?

Which is, by the way, also the reason why we cannot drop firmware flashing as a functionality. That causes LSM not to be turned into something meaningful, which means we cannot harden the kernel even further at this time. I guess things are never easy in life… :slight_smile:

Still, glad to see all the APUs now have a decent entropy source available.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

I use an APU2 platform, Roberto’s systems should be the same according to the filename.