OpenVPN Service page says stopped, OpenVPN WebIf say running

Hi,

running core 144 I just discovered the following, possible wrong, information on various WebIF pages:

OpenVPN seems to run, although I cannot access the internal LAN, see next thread.

Michael

Refresh your screen, it might be a glitch.

As for accessing your internal LAN from VPN, in the Advanced Server options (DHCP push options, did you provide Domain and DNS (which should be your internal network, 192.168.x.1 …)

Unfortunately, I’ve done this various times already, when switch between those WebIF pages: OpenVPN and Services.

Regarding the other VPN question: this has been resolved already. I had two DHCP servers running in LAN which confused various clients and obviously the VPN connection from external.

Hi all,
according to the status of the services.cgi, i get the same result as you if i delete /var/run/openvpn.pid which kills also the OpenVPN process in ovpnmain.cgi. If i start the OpenVPN server again via WUI the server instance runs again but the services page show the same as you posted it above ‘STOPPED’ . A possible reason can be that the services.cgi checks also /proc/{PID}/status --> https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire-2.x.git;a=blob;f=html/cgi-bin/services.cgi;h=26ab4f3143fff36434287ec085aaa47993726ff1;hb=refs/heads/core144#l262 whereby the PID from /var/run/openvpn.pid differs then to the PID under /proc/{PID}/status that´s can cause the displayed ‘STOPPED’ since the services.cgi can not find the appropriate process ID.
A restart of the system fixes this here.

Best,

Erik

Not sure if these are connected:

Also, just did a reboot, OpenVPN page is still failing on “save”, and I see the following in the GUI:

and

and

Hi,
you can check it by testing the PID under
cat /var/run/openvpn.pid
and if you can find the PID under /proc/{PID}/status it might be not related…

Best,

Erik