No ping in subnet not working in subnets after update v2.27 core 168

Hi,

welcome to the IPFire community, and apologies for the belated reply.

Hm, both options come with disadvantages. If I understood your setup correctly, I would indeed assess that weakening RPF for affected interfaces (should be GREEN only) is the lesser evil than introducing aliases - which would mean touching clients, possibly applications, the server side, etc. pp.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

Hello again friends, here again with the same problem, always the same case from the beginning, but here I explain a little better, I have ipfire in a virtual machine, I have 2 network cards, green and red, green This one with the IP 192.168.10.190 and the red one I have with a direct public IP from the router of my ISP provider, I tell you that I am using the IPfire as a proxy in my work, and where the subnets are 192.168.10.0./ 24 192.168.20.0/24 192.168.30.0/24 are being routed and created from a Zyxell, before you had RFC updates everything was going normally, and recently by this same means they gave me a provisional solution with this pair of commands
sysctl net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter=2
sysctl net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=2
And almost immediately I had solved the problem of being able to reach the proxy from any subnet, and from the proxy to any subnet too, I have read the RFC everywhere and I cannot find a solution to this, it is worth mentioning that every team within my network and it is in the same subnet of my IPfire 192.168.10.0/24 has no problem are the other subnets.

Greetings and I hope as always your support :slight_smile: