New rule not working for Core 152 i586

The fault can be easily reproduced installing IPFIRE on a virtual machine 32 bit.

Additionally I suggest an improvement:

• Integrate with Certbot to get the certifcate for the site access;

Which fault do you mean?
What for do you need certbot?

Could you be more specific, please.

Hi Aldo - Hard to tell what the issues are based on the post. You may want to include screen shots or more info.

Are you seeing this issue?

1 Like

Hi Jon, the problem is exactly the same. I just found that the same version 64 bit is working correctly and the i586 version is not. If it may help I can provide the virtual machine that shows the problem but I think it can be easily reproduced. Regards Aldo

It is not possible to create new firewall rules not even edit the existing. I just found that the same version 64 bit is working correctly and the i586 version is not. If it may help I can provide the virtual machine that shows the problem; but I think it can be easily reproduced. I do not need Certbot. I just suggested to integrate Certbot to obtain a valid site certificate in order not to have trouble with some browsers that recognise an invalid “self-signed” certificate. Regards Aldo

Did you read Jon citation?
If you mean this problem, just try my work around. The clean and complete bug fix is on the way. It should be included in the next core update.
Are the two VMs identical besides the 32/64 bit difference?

Yes, I read and answered to Jon. If you mean the modification to “location-functions.pl”, I tried it but, unless I did some mistake, it did not work. Yes, the two virtual machines are generated on the same platform (under Fedora 33 - Oracle Virtualbox) with the same parameters. Bye

Could you please describe your problem a bit more?
Till now, I know only about problems with the location functions, which inhibit the output of certain pages of the WUI.
Maybe there is a difference for 64Bit and 32Bit systems in the garbage collection of Perl. But the issue should disappear if the initialisation is minimized as my work-around does.

Can you reproduce the error on bare HW?

The attachment Profile was rejecte. Here you find the zip.

Profile.zip (1.33 KB)

Hi,

just a short notice from my side: You are running an outdated version of IPFire (Core Update 148). For security reasons, please upgrade to the latest release, Core Update 152, as soon as possible.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

1 Like

I cannot update since I with the new release the “new rules” button doesn’t work.
See my exchange of info with Bernhard.

This id the output if I update.

This is the output with the previous release.

This looks exactly like the error known.
My work-around should work with core update 151 and 152.
Just try.

I just did again the workaround.
These the steps:

• upgraded from core 148 to core 152; during the upgrade an error 5oo - Internal server error was issued to the browser connected.
  • replaced the location-functions.pl;
  • restarted the box.
    The workaround seems to be working this time.
    Thanks.
    Aldo
1 Like

Hi,

thanks for confirming this. :slight_smile:

I am closing this thread now to avoid duplicates. A testing release of Core Update 153 will be available soon.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller

2 Likes