Networking suggestion

I don’t understand, do you want to help me solve my problem or do an assessment? i understand your concern, but (for example) the TV is connected by cable to gsm5212 and there is a mac-address based authentication on the switch port, the cameras and switches, which instead connect to the wifi network, are on isolated vlans that can only see devices of the same kind (cameras or switches, single-brand) and even if they went directly to the frizbox it wouldn’t change anything

If you are certain about security in your network, why not just put IPFire with its firewall functionality between your switch and the fritzbox?
This is just a standard red-green configuration. Network segment separation with VLANs is done in your network the same. Only difference is that the (logical) WAN access moves from the Fritzbox to IPFire ( with well-known internal behaviour and support through the community ).

okay, forget it
I uninstall ipfire and put on pfsense, maybe there is someone there who explains me what to do

anyway thank you for the good job you did:, you encouraged me to find the right solution for my network

pfsense uses the same topology as IPFire.

may be, but may be also that someone could accept my solution without making me an assessment

I don’t make assessments.
But a network where all devices are physically directly connected isn’t the topology which allows a secure internet access.
This is especially true, if there are devices not obeying the rules. Example: in my home net there are smartphones and smartTVs trying to do DNS requests directly at 8.8.8.8 albeit the DHCP information tells them to use IPFire.

2 Likes

@attilay2k… if we close off to other people’s suggestions or comments or questions about how or why we do something we close ourselves off to learning.

Cybersecurity is a process of continuous improvement.

Good luck with pfsense!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: How IPfire connected?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why is IPv6 disabled by default in IPFire?