ISO Install Serial Keyboard Not Responding

Trying to do an install with the ISO via serial and USB stick, I go in a select serial and it hangs at the lang. screen and will no let me tab or arrow key in any menu any ideas?

1 Like

Hi there,
what hardware are you trying to install it onto ?

1 Like

fw-7541 via serial console … everything works in the bios but when it is handed off to ipfire installer it just stops accepting the arrow or tab keys can reboot via ctrl-alt-del …

I have installed this many times in the past via serial with no problems…

@Gavin Groce I thinks you have discuse a fine topic. I think you have good hardware. :slightly_smiling_face:

How are your serial parameters?

The system works in the BIOS over the serial port so I would think the settings are ok…
it is when it gets handed off to the installer that it does not work, almost like that the shell of the installer is not linking the settings for the serial term format but this is beyond me.

Could a dev please answer this question?

could someone please try a serial install of the latest release, I am in a time crunch to get some hardware fixed after trying to upgrade broke it …

IPFire uses 115200 8N1 as serial parameters. Does your BIOS use these also?
ctrl-alt-del isn’t serial char. Does your terminal software send a which your BIOS answers by a reboot?

BTW: fw-7541 doesn’t have a serial port…

It was putty not working correctly I switched to Terra Term VT and it worked like a charm…
was running out of ideas…

Could it be that ipfire is not registering the management/console ethernet port as a valid serial connection or having issues with it? as far as I am aware typically it uses db9 connection as serial port.

I will try a serial install today using the dp9 connection and will confirm later

1 Like