IPFire loaded to Azure VM

Very interesting project. How many OCPU are you using in Azure VM?

This is not correct.The IP addresses for red and green must configured but you can ignore
missing nic assignments.
But the normal setup will not started on azure at all and the network config should gathered from the azure configuration servers.

2 Likes

oki! :innocent: Should you have a bit more then 4GB in the virtual disk too might you would like to install some QEMU VM too or have this acting as a webserver or dns servers!
Keep in touch and letā€™s us know how to improve security and new projects.
Regards
G70P

At the moment I am using just 1 x AVD (Standard D8s v3) with 8 cores and 32gb memory, got to hang about 25 users off this. Next I am preparing a ā€œGolden imageā€ of thw AVD to create more of them, may not need them not sure yet.

Yes I swapped it to an 8GB Azure drive. (Standard DS2 v2). Could not get it to connect when I had server side in the On Prem IPFire (Device). So I switched it around and now have the Server side on the Virtual IPFire in Azure. It is swowinf a connection on the client side but ping tells me otherwise.

Still with only one virtual NIC? :joy: please no 0.0.0.0/0 on the end or nobody will find that route!

Hi,itā€™s the setup comand in cmd allows NIcā€™s new configurations as well general configurations and new zones assignments.
A VPN server or proxie would be an intersting projet for a one NIC concept.
Regards

Canā€™t get Site-to-Site VPN running. (on Prem client side showing connected as before). Opened all relevant ports on the Azure VM NICs (Inbound Outbound Rules). Loaded up another IPFire and it was easier to complete, created 2 NIC before I loaded it. Seems to auto configure the NICs in Azure. Have ended up with 2 public IPs probably need to get rid of one on the GREEN. I made the on premiseā€™s hardware IPFire as the Server side and copied the file (Net-to-Net Virtual Private Network (Upload Client Package) over to Azure, might try and switch it around.

1 Like

Not sure what you trying. Loop the signal? (eth0)VM1Ā±-----+VM2 (eth1red+eth2green) you want to bridge 1 and 2 to loop back?!
Regards

Do you mean to Bridge on the Azure side or on the IPFire side?

@hzk916 As I said Iā€™m not sure what the project is, but as I understood the bridge should be to comunicate 2 reds, and dump the green in machine 2 (WebGui zone configuration, istead of the default ā†’ bridge)
Regards!