IPFire 2.25 - Core Update 154 available for testing

Hi.

I have performed the update on a Pcengines APU2 and it went perfect. The only thing, during the update, has given me the following error:

But hitting INTRO, you have returned to Pakfire and done it correctly.

My profile:
https://fireinfo.ipfire.org/profile/ff99d4b0d7664ab4dad2da40972b3e235194a361

Now it’s time to test it to see if I detect a problem, but for now, good.

Thanks developers !!!. :+1:

After running OK for a few days, I encountered a network error:

• DNS reporting “broken (recursor mode)” (to Lightning Wire Labs)
  • pinging the gateway (on same network as staticly addressed red0) reported “network unreachable”
  • web sites “can’t be reached”

/var/ipfire/ethernet/settings was identical, save different static IP for red0, to different instance running core 153

In the process, I discovered that the backup does not contain “/var/ipfire/ethernet/settings” which would be useful for restoring a minimally configured new installation to previous settings.

I rebooted from a minimally configured core 153 and copied “/var/ipfire/ethernet/settings” across to core 154. Core 154 now generally working, but I still can’t browse to the gateway, which is the only way of configuring it.

I did an update of a working x86 core 153 stable OVM instance and now the red interface is not working anymore, maybe due to the “Bad system call” on startup? - see screenshot.

All testers: There’s a new build of Core154 available (commit 896fa74d, as of 2021-02-16 19:00).

2 Likes

Does the new build address the dhcp-fail? Anyway, how to fetch it? It is not offered as Available update by Pakfire in Repository “Testing”, and the “Unstable” repo delivers a core 155 build.

If you’ve already switched to the “Testing” repo and upgraded to 154, you’ll have to edit the file

/opt/pakfire/db/core/mine

and change “154” to “153” so that you’ll be offered the latest Testing build.

The change log can be viewed in a browser at:

https://nightly.ipfire.org/master/latest/x86_64/changelog.txt

3 Likes

That worked just fine, easy. And dhcp client does work again: grafik