Internet Link Monitoring

I would like to monitor the internet connection, basically the same as the “gateway Graph”. I would like to be able to enter an external IP address and have IPFire send pings to that address and plot the responses overtime.

Is this possible to do?

I have recently installed a StarLink connection without the optional Ethernet Adapter, which means the only connection available is via the SkyLink Wi-Fi on 192.168.1.0/24 network. To overcome this limitation I have installed IPFire on a laptop, I have the Green network on my LAN (wired) and the Red network on the SkyLink Wi-Fi. With this configuration I do not have to reconfigure my local network and can switch between internet providers by just changing the default gateway address on the PC’s etc.

I usually create a VPN into various networks I support and need to monitor these for stability and latency, hence the request for the custom “gateway Graph” option.

Of course, I can install packages on LAN to log this information (ie PRTG etc) but it would be very convenient to have this option ion IPFire.

Cheers
Steve

Welcome to the IPFire community.

I hope the following links can be helpful

edit

Regards

2 Likes