Help! Hilfe! How to restore mysql after upgrade to core 141

Sorry for my try to help in the wrong way !

am having again a package here on the platform which is also not signed and therefore not trusted, should i finish this kind of working with another and delete it ?

Best,

Erik

IMHO: Wouldn’t it be the better way to combine the existing forces in the community and agree on a standard scope in Ipfire and maintain it together, instead of arguing about the projects developed in many places by lone fighters with a lot of passion?

Only my 2 cents For the functionality of a firewall everything around network and VPN as secure as possible no more and no less.

Regards

Could it be submitted to the IPFire Developers for review and approval?

Spoken for myself, at the current state no. My requirement is to get a deeper know how of a possible new addon, which means also a deeper testing before i make a merge request. Apart from that, the question above is more a principal then a specific one.

Best,

Erik

You can of course build things and test them. I would hope that everything will be integrated into the distribution at some point. It is probably worth to talk about this first and then start the work.

But it is definitely dangerous when a number of users uses this in production. It will never be updated and expose those users to some vulnerabilities - depending on what it is. That is where I see the problem.

That would be great, but some people (not taking part in this discussion unfortunately) like doing their own thing. They can do it, because IPFire is Open Source software and the license allows it. But just because it is allowed, doesn’t mean that it is a good idea.

1 Like