Hacked. Can´t access WUI

Ipfire v169 works but now can not access WUI via the usual :444 nor through Serial, even the Username Password isn´t recognized. Some kind of Hack? Will reinstall from USB and have downloaded backup. But first ask the expert about how to save the present installation?

Cheers

Just as likely file corruption.
Do you have a recent backup ?
Reinstall and flash with backup doesn’t take long.

1 Like

Hi Shaun,
Connected Serial. Inserted USB with ISO core 169 into Ipfire Mini Appliance. F10 to Boot Menu and #1 to boot from USB. Reply was booting from Hard Disk! No Luck.

1 Like

probably associated with hard disk failure. @smice-byte you might want to plan for that case, as in my experience it is very likely, expecially if you use an SD card or even an SSD of poor quality or too old, or bad luck, as a disk.

I would create a new usb install medium from the ISO, using balena etcher.

HI cfusci and Shaun,

Its a relatively new IPFire Mini Appliance. It reads and produces a choice set.

Regarding balena etcher: Don’t use BalenaEtcher. It is for the flash file and not for the ISO file. Only use:
wiki.ipfire.org - Howto write a flash image to disk? to use it just install from Terminal.

Sticking the USB and Mini Appliance & Serial resulted in a Bluish screen, Where is that?

it’s cfusco. You likely have a faulty installation medium, either because the usb is broken, or because you have used the wrong iso file (what is called “flash image” in the IPFire download page is the one you DO NOT want to use), or because the ISO is not properly burned.

About balena etcher, it is a software to burn any physical disk with any ISO file. Exactly like Rufus or dd, and it is suggested as well in the page you linked. You can burn with it the ISO file or the flash image, they are the same from the point of view of Balena Etcher.

Balena etcher in my experience is way more reliable than rufus and way easier than dd. Try to burn your USB again making sure you are using the RIGHT iso image.

1 Like

“Don’t use BalenaEtcher”

I use BalenaEtcher alot.
I don’t see why you can’t write
A image file or a ISO file with it.
Has a handy GUI.
There is a Java app version.

BE advanced the issue. Got to the Bblluuee screen but can not advance the Choice to Serial.
And it hhaanngg s

It is not booting in serial mode. Try to reboot, quickly move the arrow down to “serial console options” (ignore the echo of the characters), key enter and than it should behave correctly: Serial Console Unreadable during pc engines apu1d4 install - #38 by jon

2 Likes

As usual. The new OS did not install however the old system did. It does look like it corrupted.

Then I have access to the WUI only to find in a minute access is lost.

x86_64 Downloaded to USB. Note the screen reference to 159! Is the ISO corrupt?

this might help with the blue screen during boot:

2 Likes

@smice-byte , where did you download the ISO?
Does your APU really boot from your USB stick?
Did you ‘burn’ the ISO in image mode to the USB stick?

Just the questions which come up, if reading your error descriptions.

Trouble Shoot the APU . 3 down + 1 down + enter. The new OS installed as usual
DHCP didnt work. Forgot to check which NIC went to Red
then
admin username/password didnt work
logged in with elinks and admin username/password did work

in other words username/password for admin is correct but not recognized at login station.

reload the OS or ?? suggestions

at end of install received:

reinstalled 169 which had been downloaded from the ipfire web.
the admin password doesnt work. the root password does works.
and the pakfire area is blank. and does not refresh. suggestions.
ipfire connects to the internet using green hard.

the keyboard is PORTUGAL with USA available. the chosen keyboard
during set Up was US.

If you are seeing the WebGui and Pakfire, (the screenshot in your last post) then the admin password is working. So that is good!

Go to menu Network > Domain Name System. Please post a screenshot.

2 Likes

As Pakfire is blank and doesnt Refresh Wireless not be added.

What is the solution?

If the list of addons is blank, maybe no connection to the IPFire repository is possible.
Therefore Jon asked for the DNS screenshot. If no DNS resolution is possible, no connection to the update servers can be established.

1 Like