Espressobin boots only until a message saying to wait for /dev/mmcblk0p3 forever

Hey
I have an espressobin v5 card with a 16 Gb sandisk sd card
I installed ipfire-2.25.2gb-ext4.aarch64-full-core158.img.xz on the sd card with balena etcher

Here are the commands I use to boot on the sd card (without error):
load mmc 0:1 0x6d00000 boot.scr; source 0x6d00000
fatload mmc 0:1 ${fdt_addr} /dtb-4.14.198-ipfire/marvell/armada-3720-espressobin.dtb
fatload mmc 0:1 $kernel_addr vmlinuz-4.14.198-ipfire
setenv bootargs $console root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rw rootwait
booti $kernel_addr - $fdt_addr

Boots only until a message saying to wait for /dev/mmcblk0p3 forever

What should I do please?

Hi @gubu

Welcome to the IPFire Community.

Have a look at this thread and its links where other people have also been working at trying to get IPFire working on the Espressobin. They also had a similar message as you and found other ways to get it to boot. Might be of help to you.

https://community.ipfire.org/t/improving-aarch64-image-booting-espressobin-network-setup/4190

I’ve already done all the tutorials except this “The default and recommended boot.scr loading did not work out of the box. (Armbian’s u-boot and environment installed, here.)”
Because I don’t understand

OK, if the previous thread does not help you then you will need to wait for input from one of the people that were involved in that list and were successful in getting IPFire working on Espressobin.

I can not help any further as I only have experience with the IPFire x86_64 architecture.

1 Like

okay, thank you very much

see

1 Like