Dynamic DNS doesn't work for some DDNS providers after core update 159 -> 160

I discovered my VPN didn’t work. I manually updated my no-ip ddns.net, and VPN is working.

However is iPfire meant to update my no-ip automatically or do I need to install according to this procedure ?

https://my.noip.com/dynamic-dns/duc

EDIT
Tested it now, and iPfire works. However I had to do this force update, so maybe it doesn’t work properly. Meaning I would expect no-up to be updated automatically. I will try to change my official IP. (Normally by disconnect the modem).

EDIT2

I didn’t put correct host name before. It was black. Now it’s green.
I guess it’s working as intended.

Edit 3
Yes, it’s working :grinning:

1 Like

Hello,

May I ask on how did you guys got the DDNS update? I’ve tried multiple services and made sure I have the correct credential but all of my ddns services are RED.

Thank you so much

Just an advice, do not go two steps at the same time.
Solve your network problems first, then the extensions ( DDNS, OVPN, … )

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I were able to figured out the openVPN to connect outside network. This is my next problem.

This might help with FreeDNS:

1 Like

Hello Jon,

Thank you for the wiki link. However, I did follow the instruction before your recommendation but I still get the RED on my DDNS.

I’ve attached the screenshot to showed that I got the correct token.

I am not sure how to debug this. Since this sounded familiar I read through the posts above and found this:

It is a wild guess on my part…

Hopefully someone else can assist!

EDIT:

Maybe try pinging the ddns from something outside? So set your cell phone to LTE only (no wifi) and ping yourDDNS.crabdance

1 Like

I would have a look at tge Dynamic DNS los in tge System Logs menu and see what messages you find.

Also look on the DNS page and confirm that your overall status is Working in Green and tgat the status for each of your soecified DBS servers is OK green.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for all of your suggestion. I think it is my DNS having a problem on my RED end.
I’ve tried to add in the DNS and it comes back saying ok but still I have a broken DNS.

My unbound error

A post was split to a new topic: Space noted in DDNS logs