CU 170 issues starting services and stability

Hi, I upgraded on Friday and I discovered that squid was no longer starting due to the file no longer being in rc3.d. I created a new symlink so now it starts on reboot. I am using a proxy on green and transparent on blue.

That being said, I am having other strange issues with things like Amazon Firesticks connecting to all services and complaing about not being able to find time services.

At this point I would downgrade back to CU 169 but I am not seeing any straightforward procedure to do that without completly rebuilding the firewall, something that I would prefer not to do.

Any thoughts?

As I had very little time and people were in panic without Internet, I did this Quick and dirty downgrade from 170 to 169.

Use SSH / shell to connect to ipfire, and there edit (maybe with nano or vi)

1. Edit the /opt/pakfire/db/core/mine and change current core update to 168
  2. Check PGP info from /opt/pakfire/db/installed/meta-core-upgrade-169. For me
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=ZI3o
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

1. Edit /opt/pakfire/db/lists/core-list.db to same PGP as in meta-core-upgrade-169 and change $core_release to 169

On Web GUI
4. Go to GUI > Pakfire and run an “upgrade” to 169. You need Internet, so I had to reboot and then be fast before the dongle stopped working.
5. Go to GUI > System - Shutdown > reboot ipfire

BTW, this will leave some stuff from 170 on the system, but that should correct itself when you later upgrade to 171.

So disclaimer. If this accidentally screws up and destroys data on your PC, electrocutes you, makes your monitor explode in your face, set’s your house on fire, changes all the text you say in online games to random auto correct, causes everyone on the planet (and beyond) to dislike you, hacks into a nearby nuclear missile and targets your house, gets you banned from online games, becomes sentient and starts killing everyone on this planet or does anything else you don’t want it to do, don’t blame me :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks!!

Well not to disappoint you, but I am still alive, my firewall is still firewalling and it didn’t even emit a puff of smoke

Thanks !!

1 Like