Cannot download OpenVPN insecure client package

Hello,

I just installed IPFire for the first time in a VM. It is IPFire 2.25 (x86_64) - core151 running on a VirtualBox VM. If all goes as expected, I am planning to put it on production.

I wanted to check what was inside that “insecure” package (as I want to have a single configuration file including all necessary certificates in it). I got that error page saying internal server error.

Regular client package can be downloaded just fine.

Is it me doing something wrong?

BTW, I really do want a single config file for giving to OpenVPN users. They are using such a configuration file now and are used to it. Is there any option to do that?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan

Hello Ertan,
did you solve the Problem? Im running this Version ( IPFire 2.27 (x86_64) - Core Update 162 ) and running into the same Problem.
Thanks in advance for your reply,
Bye Georg

Hi,

while bug #11048 is still unresolved, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my IPFire machine running Core Update 162: Trying to download an OpenVPN configuration archive not being encrypted works fine.

Yes, this is supported. In the OpenVPN configuration archive, there is a file having it’s suffix set to .ovpn. It contains all the information needed by an OpenVPN client to establish the connection.

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller