/boot space low after upgrade to 175/boot space low after upgrade to 175

I think you should be fine, simply because I do not think the boot content will need much more than the space you already have. However, you should not rely on my opinion and get @bonnietwin or a more knowledgeable member of the community.

Can you afford a downtime? If yes, I would suggest to create a mirror copy of your disk on an external disk, boot from it and update. Then see for yourself.

Sorry for the confusion. My post is NOT for a fix. These were the changes made to the entire build system over the past few years.

The fix is to make a backup, save the backup(s) to a new drive, then rebuild the IPFire box, and restore the backups.

We’ve all gone through the same issue. Kernel’s change size, builds change size, and drives must be re-partitioned.

1 Like

The root cause of this issue is IPFire persistence with separate /boot partition. I’ve eliminated such from my friend’s Kubuntu, because Kubuntu kept filling it up with kernels & initramfs. I never use one on my own openSUSE installations.

Grub can directly read ext4 & XFS partitions, making separate /boot unnecessary.