Add BLUE interface after install

Hello,

I have my IPFire box working nicely with just basic RED and GREEN interfaces - which I am more than happy with.

However I am wondering it is possible to add a BLUE interface for a wireless connection without needing to do a complete re-install or do I have to re-install the IPFire system all over again specifying three (RED, GREEN and BLUE) interfaces during the installation?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance :slight_smile:

Run the setup command on your console and select Networking and then you can choose green + red + blue to replace the existing green + red

Then add the network assignments and the address setting for the blue interface

3 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Iā€™m fairly new to IPFire, please can you tell me how can I run the set up command? Is it a command given from the command line via SSH - if so what is the command that I need to give?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

the command is

setup

I think it is best to do it from the console. You can run the command from an ssh terminal but if you are changing network aspects then at the end of those changes when you exit from the networking menu the network is restarted and that will usually cause the ssh terminal to hang. In the console, after restarting the network, the setup menu comes back, in case you also want to change other things on the setup menu.

2 Likes